Responsible for the assembly of quality water filtration equipment, controls, accessories, and other products, as needed. Will be required to work in a variety of assembly stations within the production facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets and follows instructions and displays measurement skills.
- Uses efficient work processes, demonstrates manual dexterity, exhibits required degree of accuracy, meets output requirements, verifies completed work, and meets customer requirements.
- Monitors inventory and will alert supervisor if levels are below established requirements.
- Performs tests according to requirements, produces accurate test results, and documents test process and results.
- Proposes process improvements and strives to reduce waste.
- Complies with safety regulations, inspects equipment regularly for serviceability and promotes workplace safety.
- Performs assembly work of water filtration products, controls, accessories, also will assemble and package projects as needed.
- Will regularly operate hand tools in addition to tape measures, calipers, and other quality measuring equipment.
- Must be able to operate and understand the operation of test equipment as needed. May also operate more advanced equipment when trained.
- Responds quickly to quality problems and reports all defects to supervisor. Will also include documentation of such quality concerns and be required to read and understand CAD drawings.
- Performs and is required to follow product diagrams.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as may also be assigned.
Self-directed learner; self-motivation; adaptability; detail orientation; oral and written communication in Spanish; frustration tolerance; time management; accountability; social comfort; quality focus; planning; ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems; data analysis; teamwork
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year experience working assembly preferred
- Communication skills (interact with groups of people and co-workers; use of intercom system and oral communication)
- Math skills: Basic skills of addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Reading skills (Basic instructional and technical information)
- Bilingual a plus!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees may encounter while performing the essential functions of their job.
- Physical Demands: balancing; climbing up to 8 feet; crouching; manual dexterity; handling; hearing; kneeling; lifting; pulling; pushing; reaching arm’s length; standing; walking; visual acuity (visual perception of detail at distances close to the eyes, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts); potential safety hazard (to oneself; to fellow worker(s)). Heavy Duty – Exert up to50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
- Mental Demands: Handling conflict; handling multiple priorities; make decisions with limited information; make non-routine or unexpected judgments; operate under short deadlines; use of tact and diplomacy; reasoning (apply procedure).
- Working conditions: Worker may be subject to inside environmental conditions (protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes; subject to outside environmental conditions; no effective protection from weather; may be subject to both environmental conditions); may be subject to extreme heat; temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour; may be subject to noise (there is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level; may be subject to hazards (variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, working on high places, exposure to heat or chemicals); may be subject to atmospheric conditions (one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin—fumes, odors, dusts; may be subject to oils.